School Principal: Shawn True
Assistant Principal: Angela Brunson
Artistic Director: Sylvia Petriccione
November 14, 2018
Betsy Ross Report Card Night
Early dismissal for students
Report cards distributed from
3 PM until 7 PM
11/21/18 - 1:30 PM Dismissal
11/22/18-11/23/18 - Thanksgiving Recess
12/24/18 - 12/31/18 - Winter Recess
1/1/19 - New Year's Day
1/21/19 - M.L. King's Birthday
Shop for eco-friendly bags, totes, and kitchen ware and raise funds for Betsy Ross. We're having a special Fall fundraising sale from now until December 31st! Just click on the link above to go to our special Betsy Ross shopping page.
to Video Emphasis 7th graders Grace Foley, Charlene Penna, and Matilda Pethrick for representing BRAMS with their winning video at the Skills21/Connecticut Student Film Festival. Their music video “Colorz” was presented at a Red Carpet award show at the Oakdale Theater Friday May 18th, and won the middle school challenge.
to 7th grade Visual Art Emphasis student Eric Arroyo. After receiving a Gold Key prize in the Connecticut Regional Scholastic Art & Writing awards for his work, "High Contrast Self Portrait Block Print", Eric's piece went on to receive a Silver Medal in the 2018 National Awards.
The Scholastic Art & Writing Award is the nation's longest-running, most prestigious educational initiative supporting student achievement in the visual and literary arts. We are very proud of Eric!
Show what you know.
Everyone, every day.
Find a way.
School Day: 9:15 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Students may enter the building starting at 8:45 a.m.
It is all our students’ right to participate in arts classes each day as part of their comprehensive curriculum. Students at Betsy Ross Arts Magnet School study dance, music, theatre and visual arts at an advanced level with certified teachers and professional artists. We respect each other’s differences and revel in all of our community’s successes. Our culture and school climate are safe for self-expression, which allows students to be fearless in their endeavors and creativity.
How to Know Betsy Ross Arts Magnet School is Right for Your Child:
- Your child is enthusiastic about the arts.
- Your child has an open mind regarding trying new things.
- Your child has an out-of-the box way of looking at the world and approaching problems.
- Your child has a commitment to learning and a desire to expand their knowledge artistically.
- 21st Century computer technology such as: Eno-Boards, wireless lap tops, video production programs (including Final Cut Pro, iMovie, iStop Motion, Garage Band)
- Our classes have state of the art equipment to support every learning environment
- Our arts classes are equipped with current supplies and technology
- Student Art Gallery
- Fully equipped, top of the line sound board and computerized light board
- Black Box Theatre with working light grid and light board
- All theatre, music and dance rooms equipped with their own sound system
- Darkrooms and kiln with appropriate equipment
- Digital Photography and Adobe Photoshop
- Student of the Month Wall
- R.I.S.E. Wall