How to Flatten Your Belly in 10 Days
How to Lose Belly Fat in 2 Weeks
Belly fat, or visceral fat, is an especially harmful type of fat that sits around your organs. The first 2 weeks of belly fat loss are the most important, because changes to diet and exercise can result in relatively large weight loss in a short time. Learn the truth about how the body stores and removes belly fat, then adjust your lifestyle for maximum fat reduction.
Debunking Belly Fat Myths
Don’t try to isolate the stomach muscles.Belly fat, like other body fat, cannot be spot reduced. Body fat will need to be removed with a combination of diet and exercise from all areas of your body where it is stored.
Don't starve yourself.Eating too little will tell your body to go into fat storage mode, so eat breakfast, healthy snacks and fresh meals. Women should not eat less than 1,500 calories per day, while men should not eat less than 1,700 calories.
Focus on more than diet and exercise.Even though these are essential parts of the equation, sleep and stress play crucial roles in reducing belly fat. Little sleep and high stress, tell your body to produce cortisol hormone, which tells your body to store fat in your mid-section.
Refuse to base your actions on a cleanse or liquid diet.Cleanses are usually only effective for weight loss when combined with a healthy diet, while liquid diets do not give you the nutrients you need for lasting weight loss. Choose to change your eating habits to fresh produce, lean protein and whole grains instead.
Don’t expect even weight loss.You are going to lose more inches on your belly in the first 2 weeks than subsequent weeks if you stay dedicated to a weight loss routine. If you are at least 15 lbs. (6.8 kg) over your ideal weight, you should see significant results in the first 2 weeks and belly reduction may be harder afterward.
Remember that not all fat is the same.Belly fat that is stored around your organs is called visceral fat, and it increases your chances of diabetes, heart disease and cancer. If you store fat in your thighs, buttocks or arms, scientists believe it may be more healthy for you than a “beer belly.”
Part 1 Quiz
Why is it important to reduce stress and get enough sleep, in addition to eating well and exercising?
Eating For Belly Reduction
Eat more protein.Ideally, all your proteins should be lean, such as egg whites, fish, chicken or cuts of red meat with very little marbling or fat. Protein requires more energy for your body to digest it and it builds muscle.
- Building muscles will help you burn fat. They speed up your metabolism, burning fat exponentially as you grow stronger. Remember this when you plan your exercise routine.
Eat more of the right kinds of foods.Replace white breads, pastas, fatty meats and sugars with fruits and vegetables. Your plate may be more full than it was before, as long 1/2 to 2/3 of the meal is vegetables.
Go shopping each Sunday.Shop along the perimeter of the grocery store and shop for produce with a wide variety of colors. For the next 2 weeks, only buy whole grains, fruits, vegetables and lean proteins.
Add low-fat dairy to your diet.Protein-rich Greek yogurt, skim milk and even low-fat cheese can make you feel full and reduce calcitriol, a hormone that increases fat storage. Eat at least 6 oz. of yogurt per day, choosing unsweetened or minimally sweetened products over sweeter versions.
Replace your processed grains with whole grains.However, instead of simply buying whole wheat bread, eat quinoa, oatmeal, apples, bananas, flax and wild rice. These fiber sources appear to help digestion, flush the system and help with fat reduction.
Choose your fat.Try to replace all of your fat with monosaturated fat for the next few weeks. This is the fat in nuts, olives and olive oil, flaxseed and avocados.
- Choose snacks that are rich in whole grains, protein and mono-saturated fat. For example, a protein smoothie with Greek yogurt, almond butter and oatmeal or a slice of seeded whole grain bread covered in peanut butter will fill you up longer and provide much-needed nutrients.
Part 2 Quiz
What's the most important reason why building muscle help you to burn fat?
Exercising For Fat Loss
Choose vigorous exercise.When it comes to burning body fat, not every exercise is created equal. For the next 2 weeks, choose high-intensity workouts like running, swimming laps, road cycling, rowing or boot camp over easy to moderate exercise.
Do strength training 6 times in the next 2 weeks.This works out to 3 times a week, every other day. Start with 4 to 5 lb. (1.8 to 2.3 kg) free weights and move up to 7 lbs. (3.2 kg) if you are comfortable with it.
- Choose weight machines over free weights, if you do not know proper form.
- Always flex your core as you do the exercise. Don’t arch your back. The act of flexing your stomach will help you build stomach muscles and define your belly.
- Lift weights for at least 30 minutes at a time.
- Start with simple and well-known exercises like bicep curls, push-ups, pull-ups, tricep curls, flys, chest presses.
- Do 3 sets of 8 to 10 exercises. You should use enough weight to fatigue your muscles and need a rest after each 3-set exercise.
Do high-intensity interval training (HIIT).This means you incorporate the act of sprinting during your cardio session for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Give yourself 2 to 4 minutes between sprints. Remember to include a 5-minute warm up and cool down where you remain at an easy to moderate intensity during your workout.
- Even walking can be adjusted for an HIIT workout. Do 3 shorter, fast-paced interval walks (alternating faster walking with a few slower periods) and 2 walks at moderate intensity each week. You will burn 3 to 5 times more visceral (belly) fat.
- After 2 weeks of belly fat burning, you can reduce your workout time to 20 minutes and increase the vigorousness of your sprints to get similar benefits.
Do cardio for at least 30 minutes.You usually burn carbohydrates until you hit the 20-minute mark and start to reduce your fat stores. For bigger weight loss, extend your high-intensity training to 45 minutes 5 times per week over the next 2 weeks.
Try a core class.Pilates, barre, core burning classes and some yoga styles focus on building your stomach and back muscles. Building these muscles through special exercises, in addition to weightlifting, will help you burn more fat each week.
Part 3 Quiz
What the main reason you should flex your core when strength training?
QuestionCan an 11-year old get rid of a belly pooch?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes, but don't be too hard on yourself, because you are young and still growing. Try to eat more veggies and fruits, and do some exercise, like swimming, playing sports, riding your bike or even a short sprint outside once a day or at least 3-4 times a week.Thanks!
QuestionHow can teenagers lose belly fat?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerTeenagers can lose belly fat by keeping fit and healthy. Exercise regularly, for example, even a jog or long walk each day is fine. Have a balanced diet and eat plenty of veggies; most of all, ditch the extra bit of sugar. Get a good night's sleep each night. A little bit of sugar is fine but just that extra bit can often cause belly fat to stay.Thanks!
QuestionI want to go running but I'm scared of embarrassing myself, what should I do?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerNever be embarrassed for trying to better yourself. You could start out with a slow jog until you gain some confidence. You could also buy or go somewhere with an elliptical or treadmill. Just take it slow and be proud of yourself for making an effort.Thanks!
QuestionIs there a way to decrease belly fat without exercising?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes. Controlling your diet, waking up and sleeping on time and drinking lots of water will help, but it may take a longer period of time.Thanks!
QuestionI've tried exercises and I just end up getting discouraged. I start to hate myself. Is there any way I can keep the motivation?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerFind an outfit that is too small on you, and put it somewhere where you will see it every day when you wake up and fall asleep. Seeing it will help get you motivated to fit into it and bring your waist size down! Most importantly, don't hate yourself. You'll never succeed if you do. Celebrate every victory.Thanks!
QuestionI dislike like vegetables and most fruits. Can I still lose weight?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerWeight loss is a mathematical equation: you simply need to take in fewer calories (of whatever you prefer to eat) than you use each day. So, yes, you could still lose weight. That said, you won't be a healthy "thin" if you don't nourish your body with good, whole foods, including plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. Plus, fruits and veggies aid in weight loss by helping you to feel full (taking up the space in your stomach you might be tempted to devote to less healthy options).Thanks!
QuestionWhich fruits will help me lose weight faster?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerFruits like berries that contain antioxidants can help you lose weight faster.Thanks!
QuestionCan I lose belly fat by doing sit-ups?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerSit-ups can help, mainly with building muscle and toning the area - but you will still need to do some cardio and eat a healthy diet to see significant fat loss. As Step 1 says, you can't really lose fat only by targeting a specific area - you have to make a comprehensive lifestyle effort.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I exercise in a fun way?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThere are plenty of fun ways to get moving and exercise. The key is figuring out what you find fun and then going and doing it. Many find classes like cycling, Zumba, hip hop, step, boot camp to be great fun, while others find their fun hitting the trails, playing tennis, biking, swimming, or even just walking with their dog. Sometimes a personal trainer, a friend, or even an online program can make any format of fitness fun as well. Be open minded and try everything you can. You won't be disappointed.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I lose belly fat without my parents getting suspicious? I think I am fat but my parents say I'm not, but they are obese.wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou wouldn't have to straight up tell them that you are trying to lose weight. You could tell them you are eating healthy and exercising because you want to live a healthier lifestyle. Everyone's bodies are shaped differently, don't feel like you have to look like a model. God made you the way you are out of his own image and likeness. Also, don't be afraid to tell your parents the truth. Maybe you could exercise WITH your parents and help them lose some weight too!Thanks!
To lose belly fat in 2 weeks, remember that you can't target specific parts of your body when losing weight, so you'll need to lose fat in general if you want to see a reduction in belly fat. For 2 weeks, focus on eating mostly healthy foods like lean protein and fruits and vegetables. In addition to eating healthy, do high-intensity cardio exercises for 30-45 minutes every day for 2 weeks. You should also do strength-training exercises, like lifting weights, every other day.
- Consult your doctor before changing your diet and exercise if you have a chronic disease or joint problems. The doctor may ask that you workout with a physical therapist to avoid doing harmful exercises or seek the aid of a nutritionist.
- Remember to drink lots of water and not to dehydrate yourself. It can potentially expand your stomach making you look like you've put on even if you haven't.
- Detox water helps lose pounds off stomach arms and legs detox water would be lemon, oranges, kiwis, and citrus fruits put them into water and there you go.
- Workout for 60-70 minutes a day in total and stay hydrated. During your exercise, include a 5 minute warm-up to slowly rise your heart rate, like a slow jog with a slowly accelerating pace. After, do 60 minutes of exercise to keep the heart rate up, you could do 2-3 different exercises. Finally do a 5-minute cool down to lower your heart rate like a jog turned into a walk.
- Try to exercise after a main meal, even if it's just a slow jog around the house. Reduce the amount of carbs intake in your food.
- Try not to eat snacks in between core meals. If you do decide to eat between meals, have something healthy. A good snack to have is apples and peanut butter. Oats, berries, and fat-free yogurt mixed together is delicious and nutritious.
- Jump roping for 1 minute burns 10 calories, so if you jump rope for half an hour or 20 minutes you can lose about 200-500 calories. And jump roping for 1 hour can burn 1000 calories.
Things You'll Need
Whole grain fiber
Free weights/weight machines
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Deutsch: , Italiano: , Français: , Español: , 中文: , Русский: , Nederlands: , Português: , Bahasa Indonesia: , Čeština: , 日本語: , العربية: , हिन्दी: , ไทย: , 한국어: , Tiếng Việt: , Türkçe:
Video: Workouts for Women : How to Lose Belly Fat with Exercises
10 Simple Home Remedies To Detox Your Hair
10 Best Places To Get Your Tatoos Inked In Hyderabad
How to Make a Best Friend
23 Cobalt Blue Pants Outfits For This Spring
What Happens When You Suddenly Become Meghan Markles Favorite Designer
What Is Watermelon Diet And What Are Its Benefits
I Lost 60 Pounds On The Ketogenic Diet—Heres How
Kendall and Kylie Jenner’s Second Collection for Topshop
How to Say the Catholic Rosary
100 Family Tattoos For Men – Commemorative Ink Design Ideas
How to Behave During Group Running