TABZ - NEW WEAPON: THE GRABBER! New Update, Labyrinth, Enemies - Totally Accurate Battle Zombielator
How to Defend Yourself Against Cookie Grabbers on Neopets
Cookies are data that websites usually store on your computer to do things, such as remember you on a website without you having to log in again.
It is possible for hackers to actually be able to steal the cookies; allowing them access to your account. They can be hidden on many user-edited pages including Guilds, Shops, User Lookups, and PetPages, and recently Neomails. Cookie Grabbers have become the scourge of Neopia, but there are ways to protect yourself.
Install a well reviewed and highly rated virus protection program onto your computer.
Install Firefox and install the add-on .Firefox provides the best add-ons and is also the browser most people recommend for Neopets. You may also want to install Adblock Plus, as there could theoretically be advertisements that also steal cookies.
Browse carefully and safely.Do not go to sites you don't recognize, and don't follow links sent to you by people you don't know.
If at any point you believe you have been CG-ed,immediatelylog out and change your password.Proceed to do a virus scan of your computer. Also, check if your email is still correct.
Add PIN numbers to all available areas.Pins will protect your items and stop a scammer pounding your pets. Even if someone gets in your account, any area of the site that you have the ability to place a PIN number on should be safe, as it currently seems that PIN numbers can not be stolen through cookie grabbers.
Go to your preferences page and set it so that you can only view Neomails in plain text.
- Learn to recognize the difference between a concerned user warning people about cookie grabbers and a troll trying to stir up trouble. Trolls start many of the rumors about cookie grabbing.
- It is generally not possible to have your cookies grabbed from a NeoBoard or the Trading Post due to the limited HTML/other coding. Just to be safe however, be wary ofalluser-editable outlets, as you never know when hackers could use abnormal means to place cookie grabbers. Also, it has recently been discovered that cookie grabbing is possible from Neomails.
- Clear your cookies every once in a while. If they aren't there, they can't be grabbed.
- Keep an eye on the boards, especially the Help board and the Official Neopets Team Message board. Warnings and information are often posted there.
- Keep a record of the vital information on your account. This will help you get it back if it is stolen. This information should include - but should not be limited to:
- A list of your Neofriends
- Recent trades
- Your password, including all the passwords you've used for your account in the past
- The e-mail account you use for your account, including all that you've used in the past
- None of this will protect you against fake log-ins. Before you log in,alwayscheck the domain name isneopets.comand the page looks right.
- If you are unsure of whether a site is safe or not, do NOT attempt to post the link to ask people. If there was something dangerous there, you may be held responsible for putting people in danger.
Video: Wireshark sniff Facebook cookie
7 Reasons why Flirting is Better than Dating
Michelle Obama: Even More Inspiring Than We Realised
Tuscan Chicken and Bean Stew
How to Make Your Neopets Smarter
Science Can Now Explain Why People Cant Shut Up About Their Last Trip To Europe
3-D Imaging Boosts Breast Cancer Detection
How to Pack for Summer Camp (Girls)
10 Trendy Half Bun Hairstyles
How to Paint a Wood Fence
How to Deal With a Hippo Encounter
Snapchat adds new selfie lenses for your cat
Beauty Truly ChangesLives
How to Put Together a Passover Seder With Non Jewish Friends
How to Get Your Parents to Let You Date Someone
Those Who Sleep Better, Eat Better and Lose Weight Easier